Sunday, March 22, 2009

easter dilemma

I made up Ana's coordinating version of Butterick 4117. It's the same pattern, and both have a floral top and eyelet skirts, but hers is all blue, and with a rickrack waist trim instead of a fabric sash. Her top print is from the Katie Jump Rope line by Denyse Schmidt. The rick rack is from my grandma's sewing room- she had the perfect shade of navy in this large size.

ana's dress

So next up is easter outfits. I want to make a dress for each girl, with peter pan collars, and a shorts-with-attached-top outfit for Tom. This engineer stripe fabric is going to be the shorts for Tom:



And I have a few choices of fabric for the shirt for Tom and for the dresses, which might have contrast bodices & skirts. I still have the eyelet I used for Ana's skirt, as well, so that could also be used. I need to figure out what fabric I'll use for what...

This one looks like rickrack with stitches over it:


A blue plaid:



REALLY love this bunny toile. It's adorable... might make nice skirts.



I'm almost thinking of using the rickrack print for one bodice and the blue plaid for the other bodice, with the peter pan collars from the other on each. Or with the other print as a border on the bottom of the skirts, and the collars out of eyelet? There are way too many options!

2 comments:

BeeBee said...

I really like the rick-rack print. My fav. With the bunny toile. I'll send you my size, no empire waists, please.

ACorgiHouse said...

Gosh, it's like standing in the shampoo aisle with too many options! I like the blue plaid and the bunny myself, but I could see using them all. This is going to be interesting... K