Saturday, March 21, 2009

Butterick 4117

Butterick 4117 is one of the patterns I'd bought on Wednesday at Jonathan, and I made it up for Kate using one of the rose fabrics I'd bought in Seattle. Kate really loved it- I knew when I saw the roses that the print was very much her style- so she had fun running around in it after it was done. The sweetheart neckline was really cute, and very easy to sew. I clipped into each of the corners and trimmed the seam allowance carefully, and it pressed pretty nicely although I did almost singe my fingers a few times. Ooops. ;-) The bodice lining is just some purple ambiance lining I had a scrap of- it worked well since it's so lightweight.

On a hanger:

Butterick 4117


Back
Butterick 4117


On Kate

Butterick 4117


Action shot of the back
tom and kate


If you look closely, you'll see she had the dress on over some flannel winnie the pooh PJ pants I'd made her.

No comments: