Friday, December 19, 2008

Pleats

One more post today!

I wanted to share a jacket that I found at Ann Taylor Loft this week. I went in with a $25 coupon from purchasing some tops there in a month or so ago, thinking about getting some tshirts. This jacket was on a rack near the door, and the pleats and seaming really caught my eye. I love pleats- especially intricate, tiny little ones like this.

collar


If you look closely, you'll also see that the buttonholes are formed in the seams of the jacket front panels -another detail that's rather rare to see these days, but really gives a nice touch. I love the lines that the panels and the topstitching form- even though the material is only a poly, it makes it look like a much more expensive garment. The pleating is continued on the cuffs and there are little pockets (real pockets! and big enough to hold my blackberry!). The buttons are just plastic, but very vintage-looking, and go nicely with the style. Of course it has 3/4 sleeves- pretty much a requirement for me to absolutely love something!

cuff


Here's a quick shot of me wearing it. I think this is going to be a great travel jacket to wear with jeans to go see my sailor. I like cropped jackets with a pocket for my blackberry for flying, and this one is really comfy and should wear well on the road.

jacket

No comments: