I haven't finished the trim for my niece's military jacket yet, but this weekend I decided I'd start on a new winter coat for her.
I bought this lining fabric at Joann's about two years ago:
and I bought this fabric from Mood about 3 years ago- it was $40/yard, so it's one of the most expensive pieces of fabric I've ever bought. But the instant that I saw it, I knew that it had to be made into a sweet little coat for one of my nieces!
The fabric's reverse side is kind of neat looking as well:
I'm using BWOF 11-2010-147, from the newest issue. You can see a picture of the pattern on the german site. And here's the line drawing:
So far, I've cut the fashion fabric, fused the bodice pieces to woven fusible interfacing, and sewn up the lining. Let me tell you right now what's not going to happen: welt pockets (I'll put them on the side seams instead). No way am I messing up $50 of fabric with imperfect welt pockets!! ;)
This project is reminding me why I love sewing little girl outfits, they go together so incredibly quickly. The lining just zipped together in a few minutes!