Friday, October 29, 2010

and a front view

Here we are, new pictures of the front! The dress was fitting OK yesterday, I just looked like a complete dork in almost all the pictures we took last night. ;) Of course muslin photos are supposed to look silly, but these looked super silly! I used the muslin re-shoot as an excuse to bust out my "ebay veil" to try out something approximating the whole look.

Here's one where the sash slipped down a smidge, but you can kind of see the bodice. I still need to put on the cap sleeves.

wedding dress muslin

And a full length. Notice that I need to either let it out a bit at the hips or eat less ice cream and go to the gym more! I had been walking 2 miles home from the train station every evening all summer, which stopped when it got cold. D'oh! I need to replace all that activity with something indoors for the winter!

wedding dress muslin


Cindy commented on the sash length- this is just a tester sash that I pulled off a dress in my closet. I'm rather leaning towards a band at the empire seam with nothing hanging down as a sash, but this is working for try-ons.

And lsaspacey commented on the dress resembling a regency dress. I love that period as well. Their empire line dresses were soooo beautiful!



Finally, this afternoon we had "trunk or treat" at Kate's school. Here's my little subaru, all decked out for giving away candy to screaming elementary schoolers!

Trunk or treat

3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wendy - I like this type of dress on you! What type of silk are you using for the base of the dress and are you adding lace or beads?

Sheryll said...

I agree - the style really suits you, and it looks lovely with a sash.

SEWN said...

This style is very flattering on you. I love it!