Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here's one more christmas sewing project- a little table topper that I made for my mom. I used a layer cake, and made two toppers- one for my sister and one for my mom. Very simple project, but they came out nice.

penguins!

I drew a diagonal line from corner to corner on half the squares, then paired light to dark squares. The squares were stacked on top of each other- good sides facing- and stitched on either side of the diagonal line. Then I cut them apart on the line, and ended up with 2 squares made of light & dark triangles. The layout was kind of figured out by wiggling them around on the floor, then sewn together and quilted.

I'm really getting into the free motion quilting with my sapphire- the stitching is a little easier, and I feel like I have a better idea of how to move around the material. Still haven't done anything bigger than a twin sized quilt, but it feels more natural now. :-)

And finally a few foggy pictures from my quiet new years in virginia. I hope everyone had a wonderful new years holiday!

New Years Eve

Elizabeth river fog

No comments: