Friday, January 8, 2010

2 more vintage wedding dress patterns....

We'll see if I can steal a break from work this weekend and sew up another muslin, because I have a fantastic new pattern. It's *very* simple, but it shows a lot of promise. :-) May I present vogue 2253....

vogue 2253

Empire waist, check. Sleeves and scoopneck, check. (I'll shorten them to short sleeves I think). Very simple lines, 1960s-ish, check. And Vogue, which my mom still thinks will fit bette on top. I'm tempted to cut the skirt on the bias to see how it hangs since it's not gathered at the waist.

And its new friend, butterick 5284 which I might make up as just a simple summer dress someday when I have more time to sew. ;-)

butterick 5284

4 comments:

Antoinette said...

Inspired idea to cut the Vogue skirt on the bias. My wedding dress had an empire waist with no gathering and it was bias-cut. It draped beautifully. But that Butterick is making a compelling case...

ACorgiHouse said...

Oh, I like the Vogue. It just looks like the quintessential wedding dress! K

meredithp said...

How many bolts of muslin do you have? :-)

I like the bias skirt idea. Can't beat that drape!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wendy - what are you going to do with all of these vintage patterns once you've made the dress?