Saturday, May 2, 2009

sunshine!

The promised rain and thunderstorms never appeared this afternoon, so we've been out on the deck enjoying the surprise sunshine!

Ana is learning her numbers right now. She's a very concrete learner like me, she likes to hold things and look at them- so I bought some wooden numbers at the craft store and we painted them. Now she has numbers to hold while she learns them.

ana painting

"#8"

(Kate is wearing a sweatshirt I made her last year. It's still huge, so it makes a good painting smock)

Then we pulled out the ice cream ball and made blueberry frozen yogurt. Mmmmm yum!

making frozen yogurt

blueberry frozen yogurt!

You know it's summertime when the ice cream ball is rolling around on the deck. ;-)

4 comments:

ACorgiHouse said...

Well, I have never seen an ice cream ball, but I have seen your thunderstorms. They're down here. We've been storming all day! Was a good day to stay home and set up the new computer I bought a month ago.. Looks like you guys had a lovely Saturday. K

Anonymous said...

This looks like our day! Enjoy.

Antoinette said...

Glorious day! You made the most of it.

BeeBee said...

I want an ice cream ball....