Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kate's strawberry shortcake dress

Here's the dress from the fabric that Kate picked out yesterday. She first was attracted to all the sparky fabrics in the prom dress aisle, but I ixnayed those. ;-) So we picked out Strawberry shortcake, and I asked her if she'd like to use some eyelet for the collar, and she agreed. Here we go:

kate's dress

Super girly sleeves!

kate's dress

I know it looks really simple, but for some reason this dress took forever (forever being almost 4 hours)... it was very slow going with the sleeves, the collar, gathering the skirt, attaching the skirt lace, pressing pressing pressing. I hope I'll get a picture of it on her this evening.

5 comments:

ACorgiHouse said...

Much better than a prom dress! K

Meg said...

You know what I say: Little girl dresses = more time and headache than big girl dresses (usually). But this dress is adorable.

Claudine said...

So cute! I love all the details, like the lace on the cuffs.

You asked on my blog where I got the Simple + One book. I bought it from yesasia.com. I can't recommend them wholeheartedly, but I guess they're all right. here are my thoughts on yesasia.

lizap said...

Adorable!

Kat said...

The dress is SO adorable!!!