Thursday, October 28, 2010

dress muslins

I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to feel a smidge jealous of the girls on Say Yes to the Dress! (OK, yes, I watch it occasionally. It has gorgeous gowns on it! (; ) Anytime I want to try on a new potential wedding dress, I have to unwrap a bolt of muslin, lay it out on the floor, de-wrinkle a 50 year old pattern, pin it, cut it out, stitch it up and THEN I can try it on, in plain muslin, while I imagine it in a fancy silk. Yeah. Not that I'd do this any other way but there's a lot of work to try out one dress.

So here we have a very rough muslin for my sister's dress. My mom is pin fitting the princess seams on her. I'm so grateful she can help with this.

IMGP5964

And here's a muslin I made this evening. With, of course, silly face from trying to instruct the sailor to turn on the flash on my SLR! (No front view at the moment, it came out super weird looking)

IMGP5983

I really like this pattern. Here's the original pattern envelope, Simplicity 7177

s7117

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Sorry to hear teh front isn't good, but the back looks flattering!

KID, MD said...

Beautiful lines and the bow is great!

Anonymous said...

I love the square back. I am not sure of the bow. Maybe longer and wider, or ribbons/fabric blossoms along the back waist?? just throwing out ideas. Have fun with it!

lsaspacey said...

Oooh, it looks like a Regency gown, from the time of Jane Austen. I think the back looks lovely!