Of course when it arrived, it had the world's worst directions, and didn't fit on my Viking Sapphire. I pulled out my Huskystar 215, that had been languishing up on top of a dresser, and it fit that machine wonderfully. Which is actually kind of nice, since now that I've figured it out, I can leave it on that machine and have a permanent ruffling station. It's sitting on the same ikea table that I keep the old Viking 1030 on, and I can flip between the two of them. I never thought I'd get up to having three machines set up, but there you go.
Of course getting to that point took two hours of watching videos online, trying, swearing at broken threads, fiddling, trying more stuff, and then... all of a sudden... it worked!! Coats Dual Duty thread worked much better than the Coats cotton thread, which kept snapping. And it took a bit of fiddling to figure out how to place the material so that it would be picked up to start. So here's the stupid part... I ruffled up some ribbons and now I can't decide what to do with them. I want to make a little sundress for Kate or Ana, but I don't have enough ribbon to go around a skirt hem (I'm buying a loooooooooong ribbon soon as I can so that I can do that!). The ones I have are now about 1.5 feet long... maybe cute around a collar, but I would worry that it would poke up and itch them. Hmm. Here's a bit of the lime green one: