Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I am a lucky lady

I was browsing sewing blogs yesterday when I came across this fabulous sewing notions rail on the Coletterie blog. If you haven't seen it, click on over and take a gander- what a neat way to organize your rulers and sewing shears and other notions!

I clicked the "email this post" link in google reader and shot it off to the sailor with a note "some day this summer will you help me hang up a rail like this for my rulers?" and put it out of my mind. Well. Apparently the sailor was on his ship still when he got the mail, and showed it to some of his crew. They told him that he was just a newly wed so perhaps he didn't recognize that this could be see as operational orders for him to follow.

So.... this was all unbeknownst to me until I came home, very tired, from work today and stepped into the office. Oh my. Have a look at what was waiting for me:

sewing notions organization

sewing notions organization

Hooray! Isn't that the sweetest surprise? It certainly made my week! I spent a while puttering around and hanging up more quilting rulers and french curves on it and moving seam rippers around in the cups. Very cool! And I can second Sarai's recommendation, this pot rail makes quite the wonderful sewing notions organizer. :o)

I have done a bit of sewing recently, I just don't have great pictures yet. Perhaps I should hang my camera up on one of these hooks...

8 comments:

Mika said...

You are lucky! Maybe I'll try emailing your post to my boyfriend...

Carol said...

What a wonderful surprise! You are very lucky.

SewRuthie said...

Oh how lovely is that! Practical and romantic.

Meg said...

What a great idea! And nice hubby. Train 'em while you can.

Nettie said...

Good job, hubby!! And what good crew members to plant the seed that these were orders in his head!

gMarie said...

Yea for the Sailor! And his mates who advised him to follow the order. Looks great! g

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet! Hubby gets major points from the sewing community for this one :)

Joy said...

That is fabulous! And looks so pottery barn.