Tuesday, May 24, 2011

buttons

Picture post! Because my brain has turned into a wedding stress marshmellow. We have 20 days to go....

buttons
18 buttons covered in taffeta

bouquet
A sample of my wedding day bouquet from my florist... the pink is tissue paper she wrapped it in to protect it. Yellow roses for military wives mean "always faithful to your soldier" - I think related to the old tradition of "tie a yellow ribbon" when they would deploy. So I asked my florist to come up with something modern, but using yellow roses, and she did a *gorgeous* job.


dad

My dad. Learning how to use his new iphone. Welcome to the modern age dad! He is so excited about learning how to text from his new phone. ;)

sophie cat

My sister's new kitten! Her name is Sophie.

5 comments:

ACorgiHouse said...

Great pictures. I love the yellow roses, and how you are making this all so traditional and personal and you. Your dad is adorable, as is the kitten! K

Meg said...

Great pics, Wendy! Love the bouquet.

Melodye said...

The buttons are gorgeous as is the dress as will be the bride!! Relax and enjoy the next few days, they will never come again!

Alexandra said...

Wow, that's a lot of buttons! Beautiful bouquet!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wow! 20 days until you are a Mrs.! Boy did the time fly! But don't forget to breathe and enjoy this moment. It is. One of the highlights of your life!