Friday, April 3, 2009

knipmode hoodie

I made up another knipmode piece from the November 2008 issue. This is the sweatshirt hoodie, #16. The fabric is a doubleknit from Chic Fabrics on W39th, it looks a bit like a pique knit on one side and dark navy blue on the other side. I'm not so sure about the rounded bottom edge on it, but it's comfy, so I'll wear it around at home at least. The fabric looks gray in the photos, but is actually navy & white on the outside.

The pattern had facing edges marked on it, and I think you were supposed to use those all around the edges. I ignored that and instead lined the front and back with self lining and sandwiched the zipper and hood between. The sleeves are unlined, because doubleknit doesn't have too much give and I didn't want two layers of that on my arms. I only put one of the patch pockets on the outside, using the wrong side of the fabric. The other patch pocket is on the inside, right under the outer pocket. It's to hold my cellphone when I go hiking with my dog- I wanted a secure pocket that the phone wasn't going to fall out of, and this does the trick nicely.

knipmode 11-2008-16

knipmode 11-2008-16

knipmode 11-2008-16

Anyway, vogue came out with new patterns for Spring. I kind of like V1103 - a DKNY dress with a nice empire line and V1107 - a Chado Ralph Rucci shirtdress.

No comments: