Sunday, February 8, 2009

one blue dress

This is a super 80s style kids dress pattern from my pattern stash. (The copyright date on my copy is 1987.) I thought it was kind of cute as a drop waist dress, so I made up view B for Ana. Here's the envelope:

butterick 4774


Here is the dress for Anabear:
for ana


I added a back neck facing to make it easier to construct and avoid any hand sewing. The collar and the fold back front facing were interfaced with a light weft interfacing. That collar was a HUGE pain. It wasn't drafted terribly well, so it was very finicky clipping and stretching to attach it smoothly. Now that it's on, it doesn't really lie very flat- hopefully that's just a hanger problem and it will be better on Ana. I cut a size 2, but it looks like it's going to be a bit on the big size, as I guess is standard for big 4 toddler size patterns.

1 comment:

Berry said...

Wow Wendy, thank you very much for your comment and advices on my blue blouse. I think I will try rayon thread and a special stretch needle. I guess here the secret is to keep on trying...
I'd love to see the hoodie when you do it ;o)

I hope this dress will fit your Ana. The hem detail and the velvet ribbon are just cute!