Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quilt

DeclanThis is Declan, settling in to take a nap on some quilt squares that I'm working on. They were the floor so that I could see how much of a queen size quilt I had so far. The answer is.. maybe 1/4th. I've been working on it in bits and pieces, but the pile of squares looks so big when they're stacked! Well, there's no timeline on this project, so I'll just keep working on it.

It's made from a jelly roll of Mendocino by Heather Ross, worked into my own scraps. I'm using my favorite quilt square construction method, Mile a Minute blocks.

1 comment:

Rae said...

OH I LOVE THAT! I'm so into Mendocino right now; I have a whole stack of it waiting to go into something. So thanks for the inspiration -- maybe a quilt is in order.

Declan is so cute, btw.
Our family had a sheltie when I was growing up. Such sweeties.