Today has been "wow, why did it take me so long to buy a coverstitch machine?" day. I woke up really early today and felt like sewing something simple. The Jalie twist front top has long been one of my favorite patterns, but all the shirts I'd made from it in the past have by now fallen apart- I didn't use very good quality knits with them, so they kind of bagged out, and I was never happy with the unfinished hems. So I made two new ones.
This one is from an Emma One Sock knit. It went together so quickly, thanks to coverstitching the neckline, sleeves and hem that I decided to do another one.
This is a poly knit from Gorgeous Fabrics that I've had in my stash for ages. I had to figure out how to use the differential feed on the CS machine to get the hems to come out nicely, but once I'd figured out how to do that, it also went together smoothly. Given that those went so well, I decided to get ambitious and trace off a raglan sleeve tshirt from an old BWOF magazine (November 2005!).
I hadn't traced anything in ages, but thankfully it went quickly- only 4 pattern pieces. I really like that the raglan sleeve is in two pieces, because it allows some nice shaping over the shoulder.
Not a great picture of it on me, but here you go.... this knit is also from Emma One Sock.