Thursday, April 22, 2010
a tea party dress
What's this? Two buttons Kate found in my button tin! We made her a new dress from the Oliver & S Ice Cream Dress pattern this weekend. When she was about 4, I had made her a dress with a tea party print on it, which she LOVED. Like, wore constantly until it didn't fit LOVED. (Flickr says I even have photos of it here). So we thought perhaps she should have a new one, and tracked down this adorable print of little teapots.
I wanted to try out the new Oliver + S ice cream dress, which seemed like a good pattern to show off a nice fabric print. The pattern was very quick to sew, and the bodice goes together easily in a cute little way that takes advantage of the lining.
I added a little strip of khaki colored cotton as a flat piping between the skirt pieces to add a bit of interest to it.
Here is Kate trying it on so it could be hemmed. We made a BIG mess in the sewing room that I'm still working on cleaning up.