Saturday, October 31, 2009

Say Cheese!

playing with the diana That's Kate with my new reproduction diana camera. She had a grand time photographing everyone at our halloween brunch (pumpkin waffles, quince juice, and almond muffins! mmm yum) with it. Once she got over the lack of a view screen to see her picture, of course. It takes medium format film, so she won't see her portraits for a week or so.

Here's a sneak peek of what I spent the afternoon working on. Lots of handsewing, for a precious 3 year old niece with red curls... ;-) The bodice of this dress is actually made out of a scrap of fabric that I found in my mom's stash. It's a left over from my senior year prom dress! (That's me last year trying it on to check it out again.) It's an ivory moire taffetta, lining is some pink flannel backed satin left over from another project.

dress2

dress3

1 comment:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wendy - your picture is still set to private so you can't see the link!