Still in progress...
From a very old Simplicity pattern, 7664 from sometime in the mid 1980s. The body, sleeves and collar are a cotton plaid. Yoke is a white muslin weight cotton, with some old lace from my grandma's stash sewn on... same lace as I used on the inside of the vest. The buttons are a JoAnns find from yesterday and inspired the whole dress.
For the sleeves, I folded under the ends and then stitched on some white velvet elastic using two lines of zig zag stitching, stretching it slightly as I went. I think it made a nice little ruffle effect and the white balances out the yoke.
This dress is supposed to be one of the options for wearing under the green velvet vest that I made yesterday. Next up will be Ana's velvet vest and matching dress, and then a little shorts outfit for tom from the same plaid.