A very short post to show a little dress I made for Kate...
I found this fabric at JoAnns a few weeks ago. It has bias strips, ribbons, and ric rac sewn onto some cotton lawn. The pattern is McCall 5793, and I used a blue floral for contrast upper yoke.
Here's a not so great photo of it hanging from the door handle, where you can see that I didn't quite get the neckline lined up in the back. Oh well! Her hair is long enough to cover it, so let's pretend I got it even.
The pattern was very simple and straightforward to put together. I don't know about sizing yet, since my niece hasn't tried on the dress yet, but I made a size 6 which looks to be about her size. I didn't use the skirt pattern pieces, since I wanted to just use up the rest of the material - which made me end up with a VERY full skirt. That was fun to hem- I took the lazy route and did a very simple double fold machine sewn hem. ;)
Happy Easter to all!