Kate picked out these two prints by herself. They're very "Kate" since she loves wild colors together. I used the bodice front and back, and the skirt from Simplicity 3588 (the girl's Duro dress and a mandarin collar dress). The sleeve pattern came from some stray size 5 vintage girls sleeve pattern that I found under my cutting table. Yeah, I'm that organized, stray sleeve patterns just lying around waiting to be plucked into action... I should really find its parent pattern envelope! I think the collar might be from a vintage Simplicity 7667. Maybe.
And here she is modeling it with a grumpy face:
And here is Ana's dress, from the standard bodice front & back & sleeve I've been using for her for two years. I'm going to be in trouble if she ever starts to grow:
I L O V E the colors in the dress. So much. I've saved the scraps, and they'll be worked into a few squares of my never-ending mendicino quilt. The waistband ribbon for this dress is from MJ Trim, and I used ladybug buttons on the back:
My sewing machine has a decorative stitch that resembled the vines in the bodice print, so I did that in blue around the neckline:
My sweetpea in her new dress:
I have a nice sewing (and kid wrangling!) vacation coming up this month- Feb 7 through Feb 12. I'm hoping the Feb BWOF will be on newsstands in the city by then, because I'm hoping to make these over that break:
02-2009-118 top -love the yoke front and the bubble sleeves.
02-2009-130 wrap blouse -similar sleeves again, but I love the wrap front here too.