Sunday, January 11, 2009

mess



Originally uploaded by wck

This is my sewing room shelf, between the two dormers. If you can believe it, I actually organized and cleaned it two weeks. Clearly organzing doesn't last all that long around here.

Here's what the mess is from:
BWOF 06-2008-107

BWOF 06-2008-107, the blouse of three left sleeves, finally has a left sleeve and a right sleeve. I finished it up yesterday afternoon.

And then I used some of the leftover silk- it's from Mood in NYC- to make a little BWOF top for Kate.
outfit for Kate

The matching skirt has a binding using Mendicino... I sacrificed a jelly roll strip in yellow because I liked the color so much with this purple. Here's a close up of the yoke, decorated with fancy stitching:

yoke

Kate's top is bwof-08-2008-134, just a basic little gathered yoke design. The skirt is a gathered rectangle, so no pattern there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the silk! Do you recommend the pattern? It is on my to do list. short sleeve fitted blouses and a-line skirts are my weaknesses! Lovely work!!

Meg said...

I love the cute things you make for your nieces. My niece turns 4 in February and I'm wondering what to make her. Maybe a fairy princess dress...

Patricia said...

The mess (which is minor IMVHO) is only an indication of busy-ness. It would be morally WRONG for someone as prolific as you to be tidy all the time.